For the Summer 2017 semester, we are using a custom book that includes chapters 0-10 and appropriate ancillaries from McMurry and Fay's "General Chemistry: Atoms First" 2nd edition. You will NOT need access to MasteringChemistry for CHEM 111, though you may need it for CHEM 112. The custom text includes MasteringChemistry in the purchase price if bought new.
(Updated June 22, 2017)
· Continue the reading, suggested problems, and worksheets in chapter 7. Start chapters 8 and 10.
· Quiz Monday covering oxidation states and the activity series.
· Want more practice with unit conversions? Your book has DOZENS, but here are a few websites with varying degrees of difficulty. I've not read every problem on these sites and don't claim they are 100% accurate, but they seemed reasonable and offer you a chance to practice more:
· My office hours are MTWR 11:35-12:40 (between lecture and recitation) and by appointment. Any time my office door is open, you are welcome to stop by and talk to me about chemistry!
· The one, approved calculator for this class is a CASIO fx-260 solar. You MUST have this calculator!!! (they are also available online and at stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, office supply stores, etc.)
· Free, personal tutoring may also be available from the Student Success Center in the Library Building (room 210). Call (864) 503-5070 for more information.